Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Postcards and a pinch of Buffy
























While I grew up, I collected postcards of artwork I liked from museum visits. One of my favorite postcards was of a disproportionate girl in a red dress holding a cat. In college I wanted to start making ink drawings where I made no initial sketch, so I was forced to live with all of my mistakes. I started this experiment by copying the artwork from my postcard collection. Does anyone recognize this piece? I can't remember who it is by, and I can't find the old postcard with the art information.

To find out about what I have been reading check out this Chronicle blog post.

Quote of the day:
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I ... hide until it goes away."
--Xander from season 1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer


No comments: