Thursday, April 14, 2011

11/18/11 to 11/26/11















When I get really stressed out or am trying to distract myself from a memory I find unpleasant and/or embarrassing, I start talking to myself. Often times I mumble distracting questions and proclaim things like "NO" and "It's okay" out loud and to myself. Today I was appalled to find out that, if distressed enough, I also mumble these things while people are present. Not good. Nice defence mechanism. Way to make a bad situation worse. Oh well.
This entry was made during my birthday. My wonderful birthday. In case you were wondering what's so great about my particular birthday, let me tell you, it's because it's my birthday, and Harry Potter movies often come out on my birthday.
28 is a good age. You already have 26 and 27 under your belt---the years where it hits home that you are leaving that golden age of working out without stretching, no wrinkles or gray hairs, and an awesome metabolism. By 28 you have come to except those terms and are just happy to be in your twenties. It is kind of a content, settling age where exciting things still feel possible. Stay classy, 28. Peace out.

No comments: